Band Hospitality Coordinator Job Description (Updated Fall 2023 – post-pandemic)
The Band Hospitality Coordinator brings refreshments for the Mystic director, band and guest artists.
The Hospitality Coordinator will:
- Shop for refreshments (please save receipts for reimbursement)
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Coordinator to determine whether we have enough supplies (ie, paper goods, serving platters, bowls, etc) and shop to supplement these as needed
- Bring refreshments to the hall and set them up in the designated band room
- Clean up refreshment area at the end of the concert.
- Send extra food home with band members, if needed
- Return paper goods and supplies to Volunteer Coordinator (in the lobby)
Guidelines (Fall 2023):
- Budget: $60 for food. Up to $100 if we need to replenish paper goods & serving plates/bowls
- Number of people: 13
- 5 band members
- 4 guest artists
- 1 Director
- 2 sound crew
- 1 livestream crew
- Suggested food list: This is the first time we are offering band refreshments post-Covid. In the past, we typically had a combination of: Hummus, cheese & crackers, fruit, nuts, cookies, that kind of thing. I think it might be appreciated to have some things that are individually wrapped or portioned, such as:
- Individually wrapped cheese (like cheese sticks or mini baby-bells)
- Individual portions of nuts or trail mix (Trader Joe’s has these)
- A bag of clementines or other easy-to-peel oranges and/or grapes pre-cut into mini bunches
- It’s probably not realistic to have everything in individual portions, but where it’s easy/possible, let’s try for that.
- Water is coming from another volunteer, no need for that.
- Location of the band room: Downstairs kitchen, accessible from the downstairs lobby, or from the stage & down the stairs.
Notes from Marta Kabalin, Band Hospitality Coordinator, Fall 2023
+ Popular items: clementines, mini Babybel cheeses, almonds, Craisins, chips, pretzels
+ Less popular items: granola bars, bananas — with 50-75% remaining
+ Less popular items: crackers, cookies — perhaps because not individually wrapped
+ Least popular item: raisins — 100% remaining
+ Remaining items, food (non-perishable) and paper goods will be brought to the singer potluck