- |Who We Are
- |Concerts + Tickets
- |Sing with Us!
- |Support Us
- |Mystic Shop
- Contact Us
- Sing With Us!
- Become a Member
March 28, 2020
Coronavirus Response Update
Dear members of the Mystic community,
It is hard to state anything with certainty right now except this: all of us are resilient, and we all support each other. First and foremost, we at the Mystic Chorale want you to know that we are thinking of you. We hope you are staying healthy and safe, heeding the latest guidance from health officials, and keeping connected virtually to the people you care about.
To keep yourself informed with accurate information and recommendations regarding COVID-19, please visit these sources often:
We want to assure you that we are following all guidelines, recommendations and requirements.
Further, we seek to provide calm, reduce anxiety and keep our community spirit strong during this time of challenge.
We are currently rehearsing each Tuesday evening via an online app, learning the songs that Nick has chosen for the Spring season, in hopes of performing them at some future point. We are finding it joyful, uplifting, and fulfilling. We have left the season open so that we can accommodate all who wish to sing. We are leaving the season open until Friday, April 3rd to welcome all who wish to sing. If you want to add this activity to your week please sign up to sing HERE.
Nick also hopes to offer some online sing-alongs, open to all. Bring your family and pets or whomever you are resting with. Dates and times TBD.
In the meantime (from the Huffington Post Blog by Tania de Jong, Contributor):
Ten reasons to make singing your drug of choice:
March 13, 2020
We’re Moving to Virtual Rehearsals
Has there ever been a time when we have needed music more? We are not alone in the challenge presented by the Coronavirus outbreak, and we are working on creative solutions that will allow us to keep singing while keeping everyone safe.
Earlier today, we sent out the message to currently registered singers that we are suspending live rehearsals for at least the next few weeks, and will move to virtual online rehearsals until we are able to gather together again in person.
Effective immediately, and at least through April 7th, we are replacing live rehearsals with virtual rehearsals conducted online. We will NOT be gathering at First Parish in Arlington. Information on how to participate in our virtual rehearsals will come in a separate email before next Tuesday. After April 7th, we will make another decision about if and when we are able to reconvene in person once this health crisis is over.
Our virtual rehearsals will be recorded and available to watch online at any time.
Singers can still sign up, so if you or anyone you know could use an infusion of Mystic music and community, encourage them to join us.
March 8, 2020
Mystic Chorale Public Health Statement
We have been following the news and recommendations for keeping our community healthy during the coronavirus happenings. While we fully hope this does not affect our Mystic community, out of an abundance of caution, we are instituting the following policies and recommendations for the Mystic Chorale Spring season:
1. Sick Policy: If you are sick, stay home. This includes flu-like or cold-like symptoms, coughing, runny nose, shortness of breath, intestinal upset, etc.
2. Travel Policy: If you have traveled outside the US to a travel advisory level 2 or 3 country, do not attend rehearsal for 2 weeks. Travel advisory level 2 and 3 countries currently include: China, South Korea, Venezuela, Italy, Iran, and Japan.
3. Attendance Policy: We are suspending the rule of you cannot miss more than 2 rehearsals for this season. We encourage you to stay home if you are sick no matter how many rehearsals you will miss. Of course, you must practice at home to learn the music by the concerts.
4. Virtual Rehearsals: We will be recording the rehearsals and posting them online on the My Seasons page. If you miss a rehearsal, watch the video and practice along.
5. Please follow these guidelines from the CDC:
Please help us keep everyone healthy and singing by following these recommendations.
The Mystic Chorale will continue to monitor public health recommendations and update these policies and practices in keeping with CDC guidelines.